You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Hustle and Bustle


Dear Readers:

I apologize that I recently feel like I have been neglecting my little blog! The hustle and bustle of the holidays has been nutz-o. From a festive standpoint, the Holiday Market Preview party was a big success. Jr. and I pre-partied at my girlfriend Taylor's house and got to size up everyone in their holiday gear! Two white gloved thumbs up! (from Santa of course!). When we arrived at the preview party, the drinks flowed, little food was consumed and merriment was had. I will have to post pics later!

On Friday & Saturday, I headed up to Greenville for my friend Christy's birthday soiree. A low key evening of tacos and Scattergories was had on Friday. (p.s. I won!). We then stuffed ourselves with a gluttonous brunch at Mimi's on Saturday morning. Three cheers for pumpkin pancakes and mimosas! (I had the best of intentions to show a pic of our spread, but alas I forgot my camera in G-vegas!) All that champagne must have gone to our heads and made us quite selfish, because we went on a shopping spree...for ourselves. My girlfriend OMG had bragged about these Jessica Simpson boots on her blog:

http://www.wusa9.com/life/community/persona.aspx?U=24186d0c88114acf8e0aa799919a02ea&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a24186d0c88114acf8e0aa799919a02eaPost%3a74f78872-3911-4303-8066-a89a156db4c9&sid=sitelife.wusa9.com

I had to have them! I am quite the bargain shopper and found them at Macy's for 30% off, however they weren't in my size, so I asked Belk if they would match the price. With my Blackberry and evidence in hand, they obliged and I received an additional 15% off with my coupon and $10 Belk Bucks. (p.s. it takes quite a lot of spending to get $10...enough said!). We the went shopping for snackies to nourish our hungry bodies and wine to loosen us up at Bloom. Wish we had one: www.shopbloom.com

Then we got dolled up and hit downtown Greenville. Did you know that Southern Living ranked Greenville as having one of the Best Main Streets in the South!? Reservations were for seven at Rick Erwin's. http://rickerwins.com/ Blonde Appetit dined on Scallops with a Crawfish Risotto and Mussels in white wine for appetizers. And the giant loaves of crusty bread and olive oil were to die for!!! My carb counting went out the door. We washed it down with a great bottle of chardonnay. For my entree, I splurged and ordered the Surf and Turf. Mmmmm. Buttery lobster. And the wasabi mashed potatoes. My post meal cocktail was a Espresso martini and a few bites of the birthday girl's dense chocolate dessert. Mmmmmm. Late night drinks were had the the Oyster Bar and a few to many Birthday Cake shots. Much fun.

On Sunday, I hit up the Holiday Market for a little shopping with the mama. The Happy Cafe served up yummy pimento cheese sandwiches and homemade caramel cake. Yum again. And to cap off the weekend I practically finished up my Christmas shopping. My little beagle, Bogey, received a new collar from Pecan Pie Puppies: www.pecanpiepuppies.etsy.com It is the official tartan of South Carolina and can be found at Three Dog Bakery in Five Points.

The weekend was rounded out with Papa John's pizza and a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. But who's counting calories?

No comments: