You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chick Pea & Feta Salad


This past weekend I went grocery shopping and decided to stray from my "comfort" veggies and pick up new items. One of the items was chick peas. Chick peas can be a nice addition to White Bean Chili or other stews. However, I did not have much experience with more unique recipes. I stumbled upon a recipe for White Bean and Chick Pea Salad. It sounded fresh and lovely with a hint of mint. Due to my lack of ingredients, I modified based on what I had in my fridge and pantry. This salad was a delightful, simple lunch today and a snack tonight. I even have enough for a small snack for tomorrow.

Chick Pea and Feta Salad

Ingredients

1 15oz can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
2oz feta cheese (abt 1/2 a package)
2 spring onions, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
4 pepperoncinis, diced
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
dash of red pepper flakes, to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil

Directions

In a medium bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. Gently mix well. Chill in refrigerator overnight.


No comments: