You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Super New Me!


Life is good. I have a happy 2 1/2 year old daughter giggling in her bubble bath as I type. I love my new job at the television station and business at our antique store has been great. However, one part of my life that I am not thrilled about is the lack of effort that I put into making it a priority to go to the gym. Therefore, I am disappointed that I still have about ten pounds to loose since having that said 2 1/2 year old. I have made a promise to myself and my family that by this Summer, I will be healthy inside and out. Being able to be bikini ready is a big motivation too. It seems pretty far away.

So, I am writing this as much for myself: to document my track record of success, as I am to share the healthy recipes that I try along the way.

Years ago, when I was single and baby free, I found it very successful to keep a written journal of everything that I ate and drank, everyday. I allowed myself room to cheat a little bit on the weekends. I would go for a brisk 5 mile walk down at the river about 4-5 times per week with my dog. I would also doing at least 100 daily crunches with an exercise ball and use light weight repetitions to tone my arms. As a good friend recently put in her blog, the weight loss process should be slow and steady. I knew that with consistent behavior, I would see results over time. I did.

I am going to follow that same process this time. However, instead of going totally low carb, I am going to eat clean. By eating "clean", I will incorporate lean meats, colorful fruits and veggies, and smart whole grains into my daily consumption. It is easier for me to prepare meals for my entire family this way. I still know my body type and by limiting starchy white carbs, I will loose weight quicker. I may make a meal the whole family will enjoy, but I will limit what I eat from certain dishes.

I hope that you enjoy reading about this journey. I have no expectations to inspire anyone, other than possibly positively influence my daughter to exercise and eat well. I may stumble upon some delish recipes along the way and if I do, I will be sure to share them. That is between caring for my family, working a busy, full-time job...and going to the gym. Shoot...I still need to find time to do that!

No comments: