You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spicy Honey Mango Greek Yogurt Sauce

I was in the mood to make tzatziki sauce tonight, but did not have any fresh herbs on hand.  I wanted to jazz up  my dinner of organic chicken breasts and fresh zucchini.  I have become a fan of this recipe on how to make easy, juicy chicken breasts.  I doctored up the chicken with fresh lemon juice, Kosher salt and pepper before cooking.   I steamed some fresh zucchini and it drizzled with a little olive oil and lemon, a pinch of salt and feta.  This sauce was a unique compliment to the chicken!


Spicy Honey Mango Greek Yogurt Sauce

1/4c lowfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp low fat sour cream
2 generous tbsp honey
1/2 fresh mango, diced
generous amounts of cinnamon and chili powder (cayenne would be good too!)
shredded coconut, if desired

Combine the above ingredients together.  Gently mix well.  Chill and then serve.  
This would be nice with chicken, fish, or shrimp.

Top chicken with a sprinkle of shredded coconut, if you desire!

***I had one of the Greek yogurts with honey in the fridge!  Super handy!

No comments: