You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Newest Obsession






I am head over heals in love with the BLUES in blue and white porcelain.

I am spending my free time on the computer googling urns after spying the simplest, most gorgeous pair at a friend's house this past week. Paired with a simple round mirror, her mantel was classic and crisp. Urns, urns, where can I find some? Patience is a virtue. Or I will drink too much wine and order some online. Maybe Chris will find some today?

I am even contemplating painting our front door a nice cobalt blue. Our home is an orangy brick. Not my favorite tone of brick, but blue is the complement to orange on the color wheel. It would be a bold risk, but then again it is just paint. If I keep the hue deep and not too bright it could be just the pop our house needs.

Also, blue looks great with yellows and I picture planters over-flowing with yellow verbena and a wreathe of forsythia in the Spring. Orange pumpkins will pop against a blue backdrop. A simple boxwood wreath at Christmas against the cobalt blue wooden door. Sounds cheery.

I am gravitating to Batik. Don't you just LOVE the names of paint colors? Now that would be a fun job.

So...what do you think?

No comments: