You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hey Good Lookin'! Whatcha Got Cookin?


Something about the holidays makes me want to bake sweet treats, light roaring fires, and just be cozy. I had a large supply of apples leftover from a work project (don't ask!) and last night I had the inkling to make homemade apple pie. A la mode. Three cheers for my gal Tina for submitting this recipe earlier this autumn. I made it and it was warm, apple-y, with just the right amount of spice. Topped with vanilla bean ice cream it was the perfect Sunday night treat. Next on my baking list...those oh-so-cute gingerbread men!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pie looks gorgeous! I love how the slits in the top make a pie look so warm and homemade. Thanks for all of your lovely comments on my blog!

Anonymous said...

You are just the sweetest thing ever! Thanks so much for all props! I might need to hire a publicist soon! ;) You're the best! I'm glad your pie came out so beautifully!! xo