You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

REVIEW: Grilled Chicken and Pine Nut Pesto

Okay, I did some pesto research. From what I gather it is best to make it with a mortar and pestle. I knew this and opted for a quicker approach. I was also aware that this was not a basil pesto, but a more mild spinach pesto. My favorite part of the whole process was the beautiful green color that resulted from the blending of ingredients. Simply gorgeous darling!

Alas, I have lost my pesto virginity. I am looking forward to more creations. I am going to become promiscuous in the art of pesto. Spinach pesto with walnuts, cilantro pesto for burritos,...the possibilities are limitless and I will not discriminate.

I will keep you posted on my pesto conquests.

For my first: it was gentle, mellow, and unpretentious. Yet very good looking. Not bad for starters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pesto comes from "pestle" - thats how they did it back in the day. Whe I worked @ pasta fresca I learned how to make basil pesto in the cuisinart, and LOTS of it. Its way easier and just as good in the cuisinart ;)

Ive never done anything other than traditional basil pesto - and applaud your switching it up -looks great

CarolinaBlonde said...

Well, hello Professor Ben! We will have to have a pesto off now that the weather is chilly!