You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Friday, October 3, 2008

A True Southern Favorite





Ahhhhhh. Chick-Fil-A. It started as a tiny Georgia eatery serving up boneless chicken breast sandwiches over 60 years ago. It is now one the the largest, privately-owned restaurant chains in the U.S. Bottom line - it is a nutritional staple in the South. Quite possibly one of the most beloved "fast" food places for both adults and children. Mmmmmm. That moist piece of breaded chicken, soft bun, and crunchy pickles. Simple and delicious. (and those cows are too cute!) For those of us that are health conscious, Chick-Fil-A is the healthiest places to stop when you are one the road. The Classic Sandwich has 410 calories and 16 grams of fat. Ok, that's not super lean, but compared to any burger and you're looking good. I like to choose either the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich, 270 calories and ONLY 3 grams of fat, or the Chargrilled Chicken Salad, 180 calories and only 6 grams of fat. Toss it around with a couple packets of Buffalo sauce. Lite and yummy! Ok, I have to admit to the fact that I broke down this afternoon and ordered my FAV: the Cookies and Cream Milkshake. I started to second guess my decision as I waited in the long line for the drive thru. But my head hurt from one too many at a birthday party last night, and I needed its smooth, creaminess to make me feel normal. Mmmmmmmmm. So good. (790 calories, and 33 grams of fat) Who wants to go running with me?!






No comments: