You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Me, myself, and Charlie Brown.

A night to myself...
Hmmm.
What shall I do?
Maybe some munchies to snack,
And a bottle of wine too.
Off to Publix I go,
My own personal Zen.
Into my buggy, spicy hummus is first,
And why not add a Pellagrino or two,
I love the tingle when the bubbles go burst.
How about some crisp celery to dip,
And smokey almonds to crunch,
Ahh. A hearty portabello's a fine fellow.
To stuff with...pimento cheese?
Island chicken salad could be more mellow.
I will get both.
Why not.
What else do I need?
Some smelly candles to light, while I take a bath.
If only I didn't have all that paperwork to read.
Wait!!! I needed dog food,
That's why I came.
Oh, and a light bulb is out. Shoot!
Grab some and leave, that's the plan.
Did you hear who US Weekly claims is gettin' the boot!?
Hey blondie, it's time to check outta this store.
But is that the 24 pack of water...it's on sale! And I need more.
Alas, I wanted to relax and it's now getting late.
The cashier tells me it's $60 and handful of change.
Oh well, I never said I was a cheap date!

2 comments:

MIMILEE said...

Did you write that darling poem?? So darn cute! I loved it......

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your comment.....Glad I found yours as I will visit often!

CarolinaBlonde said...

Yes, Miss Mimi - I did write it myself. I appreciate your comment. It rambles a bit, but actually was my grocery list. I went to grab a quick snack since my sweetie was busy tonight. I ended up with a good bit of choices!